Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beginning to Write

When one starts a blog, there is usually something which they desire to communicate. It could be that they want to keep those they love updated or it could be this is a way to have their views published. Perhaps a person who is lonely or shy feels as though a blog will give them "someone" to which they can communicate what they are pondering. Personally, I am not yet sure which of these suggested reasons best describe why I have started a blog. However, one underlying reason would have to come down to this fact - I am a writer.

From the time I was very young, I have enjoyed writing. Something about having an idea in ones head and being able to translate that into words on paper has always appealed to me. I am not saying that I am a good writer by any means. There are distinct times in my memory in which I can recall giving my mother grief over a paper or two. Most of these times it was the subject of the paper which caused my reluctance. However, she must have known that was an area in which I would always be a part. She continued to be patient and persistent, encouraging me all along the way and being my personal editor, even as I took my first English class in college.

Currently, I have taken a break from college indefinitely so that I may devote my time to caring for my engineer, my husband. It is still uncertain if I will be finishing my degree sometime soon or not at all, but "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." (Philippians 4:11) I truly am glad that I am married to my wonderful husband and for these first few months was able to stand by his side as he graduated with his mechanical engineering degree. I am excited to see what the Lord has prepared for us in the future.

So, for now, I will try to keep my writing skills honed and maintain my mental sanity by writing diligently in this blog. My goal is to try to write about a variety of topics so that I may further my own understanding and may stay accountable to not have an idle mind. I will strive to be as the Proverbs 31 woman.

26 "She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 "She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 "Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:"

Writing can be very influential - for good or bad. May I never take that responsibility lightly, even if I am the only person who sees this. May everything that I say always be uplifting, encouraging and instructive.

That being said, this engineer's wife will try to write diligently in decidedly more than 140 characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment